How to Choose the Right LED Screen for your Business
Video walls or huge LED display screens can create captivating centerpieces in a variety of commercial spaces. An engaging LED video wall can completely transform and the environment when executed well. Conversely, when poorly planned and badly executed, they can reflect negatively on the space or the business in which they are located.
The starting place with any successful installation must be the intended audience, the likely content to be displayed as well as the distance the subject is likely to be away from the screen.
If you are not sure where and how to start, here are some helpful tips to guide you to a better purchase decision.
Where to begin?
Before you begin, it is essential to know certain basics about LED screens. Here is some basic information & terms used:
- The Light Emitting Diode or LED is essentially a type of semiconductor device which transmits visible light when electricity flows through it.
- An indoor LED display screen is very different from an outdoor LED Display Screen. They have different viewing angles, brightness, power requirements, and durability.
- Modern LED Screens require considerably less power to run than traditional video walls, which were made from banks of commercial TV/Monitors linked together. In addition to reduced power consumption, they also produce considerably less heat which reduces the life of any electronics over time. Quality Modern LED Screens offer vastly superior efficiency and have much longer lifespans.
- Brightness is an essential factor in designing a successful LED video screen installation. This brightness is measured in units called nits or candelas. Indoor LED screens generally produce somewhere between 800 – 1300 nits/candelas of brightness as compared to outdoor spec screens which can produce upwards of >9000 nits or candelas. A nit/candela is about 3.5 times more luminous than a LUX, which is the amount of brightness produced by a projected light source.
- Outdoor LED displays are weather-proof, extremely bright, and if properly designed can handle all of nature’s elements, including full sun.
- Pixel pitch is also a vital decision in ensuring a quality outcome is delivered, whether the screen is going to be a large LED Billboard or LED advertising screens. Pixel pitch is defined as the measurement of the distance between two-pixel centers expressed in millimeters. i.e. a P6 screen has pixels that are 6mm apart by way of an example. If the number is higher, then the total number of pixels will be smaller, and the resolution will be lower, and vice versa. The correct pixel pitch for any indoor or outdoor LED screen is determined by calculating the number of pixels vs the detail of the content vs the distance from the screen. Is the sum of the above going to give a great viewing experience for the subject?
- Budget and running costs are factors to be considered while purchasing a screen. That said, when the initial purchase price is long forgotten, a poor-quality screen that continually fails and requires premature replacement, often after only a few years, means the bargain purchase was far from it.
Find the correct LED screen equipment.
If you are not an AV (Audio Visual) expert, then selecting the correct LED advertising screen or LED event screen, may appear a daunting prospect. It is important to learn and understand the basic features of LED display screens to help make the right choice. This knowledge provides a firm foundation for your search process. As you talk to LED Screen Companies, you need to know the kind of questions you must ask about brightness, pixel pitch, and quality.
Here are just some questions you must have the answers to so that you can funnel your selection:
- What is the likely viewing distance the subject would be from the LED Screen?
- What level of detail is the content going to have?
- Is the screen going to be exposed to the elements & full sun?
- How is the screen going to be mounted? Does space require a particular curvature or shape etc?
By answering these questions, you should be on your way to shortlisting your new LED Screens that better match your requirements.
Tips to consider while researching your LED project:
- Give yourself time: Do not rush through your decision while selecting your LED screens. Give yourself ample time to conduct thorough research on the right LED products for your business and situation. Research your potential LED Screen supplier. Do they have references? Check out their Google ranking and their customer testimonials. Do they do what they say they are going to do? The more time you spend on your research, the better knowledge and information you gain about the LED display market. It will allow you to make the right buying decision. It is going to be a long-term investment so plan hard and buy smart.
- Identify your purpose: This task may seem basic, but it will have a huge influence on the kind of product you choose and their specifications. Identifying your needs will help you determine the kind of pixel pitch, processing variables, and brightness you require from your LED screen. These features will impact the pricing of the product. Therefore, identify the purpose for which you require the LED screens. Do you need a higher resolution screen or a lower resolution? Do you want to use it for outdoor purposes or indoor use? Answers to these questions will help you narrow down your search effectively.
- Focus on your content/video quality: The quality of content is often overlooked while discussing LED display screens. After all, your LED display Screen will only be as good as the content that you send it. Therefore, ensure that you only input high-quality video/static content that reflects your company or organization.
A good LED Supplier has strong partnerships with both screen manufacturers and local fabricators alike. They can save you enormous long-term expenses if you engage the right one. Such partnerships ensure that your LED Screen outcome will serve your business or organization well for many years to come.